Recipe by Jellyqueen
My cousing won a beef cook-off when he was in high school with this recipe. It is really good for that cheaper grade of meat that needs the slow cooking to tenderize.
- 2 lbs round steaks
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons A.1. Original Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Heinz 57 steak sauce
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 cup Sprite
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut each steak in half and dredge steak in flour and brown in 1/4 cup oil.
- Drain, then put back into pan.
- Mix all sauces together and pour sauces and sprite over steak.
- Add peppers, onions and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and turn down to low.
- Simmer about 30 minutes.
- Pour over cooked rice and serve.
- May be garnished with apple rings and parsley for a pretty presentation.