Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
Found this recipe which sounded good to try.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely cut
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup Coca-Cola
- 2 tablespoons catsup
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, break up meat with a fork; add crumbs, onion and parsley, mixing well.
- Beat egg, mix with remaining ingredients. Pour over meat. With fork, toss lightly tp.
- blend thoroughly.
- Mixture will be soft. Turn into a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Let set about 10 minutes before slicing.
- *This loaf will be moist and tender if you mix it lightly with a fork.
Made this for PAC Fall 2012. Remember I live at a high altitude so your results may vary. While the taste was good, my meatloaf came out cumbly and dry. I would highly recommend a sauce of some sort on top. I used a 80/20 hamburger and was surprised it came out so dry; while mixing it I ended up adding a 1/4 C of water to get everything together.