This is our version for Thanksgiving. Wonderful fresh taste! Not for those who want a marshmallow covered sweet potato! Recipe can be double but you must allow for more cooking time.
- Combine butter, cream, salt, sugar, and sweet potatoes in large saucepan.
- Cook, covered, over low heat, stirring occasionally, until potatoes fall apart when poked with fork.
- This will take between 30 to 45 minutes.
- Take off heat and mash sweet potatoes in saucepan with potato masher.
- You can also put potatoes into kitchen aid mixer and mix.
- Stir in salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.