Not Too Sweet Sweet Potatoes
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 3 lbs sweet potatoes or 3 lbs yams
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Peel sweet potatoes and chop into one inch cubes.
- Melt butter and honey together in the microwave or on the stovetop.
- Stir spices, salt and lemon juice into butter mixture.
- Place sweet potatoes in a casserole dish.
- Pour butter mixture over sweet potatoes and stir to coat well.
- Bake for about 1 hour, until sweet potatoes are soft. Stirring occasionally.
- Once sweet potatoes are done, sprinkle almonds over the top before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!