Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Mashed Sweet Potato Pie
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, mashed
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 2⁄3 cups light cream or 1 2⁄3 cups evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
- Bake sweet potatoes until tender; peel and mash. Make sure all lumps are removed, straining if necessary.
- Mix mashed sweet potatoes, eggs, sugar, salt, ginger, nutmeg, vanilla, cream or evaporated milk and melted butter together.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 50 minutes or until knife inserted one inch from edges of pie comes out clean.
Marg, you darlin'--I'm the Queen of Sweet Tater Pies with my family!! (I cut the butter in half--since I was using real butter. :-0 ) Mix everything the CuisinArt EASY~ this is a fabulous pie!!! Made for Special Meals in Cooking Photos.
Waaaaaaay too sweet!!?? Why do people always use so much sugar? Too much butter as well. Too much of everything. This sweet potato pie turned out nasty for me. That's what I get for trying to find good recipes on line.