Recipe by J9
These are very creamy and have a great flavor--just in time for turkey season, gobble gobble!
Top Review by Audrey M
To keep the calories down, I used skim milk, low-calorie magarine and fat free cream cheese. The yukon potatoes give this recipe a nice yellow tint. To make the potatoes creamer, I first used a potato masher on the potatoes, added the milk and butter. Next, I used my handheld mixer and blended in the sour cream for a more whipped potato. Thanks!
- 3 1⁄2 lbs yukon gold potatoes
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 -2 teaspoon snipped fresh chives
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel potatoes and cut into 2" chunks.
- Place in large sauce pan and add enough watter to cover by 2 inches.
- Add 1 tsp salt and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook 20 minutes, until tender.
- Drain potatoes and return to pot.
- Combine milk and butter in glass measure and microwave on high 1 minute or until butter melts.
- Pour into potatoes and mash coarsely.
- Add sour cream, chives, pepper and remaining salt; mash until desired consistency (potatoes will have the best texture if made close to serving time).