- 1 lb russet potato, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes in a heavy saucepan.
- Cover with salted water.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat to medium low.
- Cover saucepan and simmer 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain, reserving 1/3 cup liquid.
- Add butter, sour cream, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mash until smooth with an electric mixer or hand masher, adding reserved cooking liquid as necessary to moisten potatoes.
- Stir in parsley. Serve potatoes with mushroom gravy.