Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Hot pepper monterey jack cheese and roasted garlic add spice to mashed potatoes. Prep time does not include time to roast garlic.
- 10 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 3 1⁄2 lbs potatoes, peeled,cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup shallot, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup monterey jack pepper cheese, grated
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350, wrap garlic in foil, roast about 1 hour.
- Peel and put in a a small bowl, and mash.
- Cook potatoes in pot of boiling water until tender, about 20 minutes, drain.
- Heat oil in pot over medium heat, add garlic and shallots; saute 2 minutes.
- Add to potatoes, mash potatoes with garlic and shallots, add the butter, cheese and sour cream.
- Season with salt and pepper.
We've made these potatoes several times and they are always a hit. Thanks for posting the recipe.