Recipe by Sue Lau
I found this gem in a cookbook called Festive Recipes for the Holidays. Gave it some personal tweaks. Like more garlic. Can one have too much garlic? I don't think so! (Unless you're a vampire!)
Top Review by JustJanS
My fussy son actually chose this for dinner last night and was very pleased with himself! It's a lovely mashed spud recipe, the basil is so good, and it's garlicky, but subtley garlicky!
- 1133.98 g yukon gold potatoes
- 10-12 clove garlic
- 44.37 ml butter, softened (or vegan margarine)
- 118.29 ml milk
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh basil
- 59.14 ml snipped fresh chives
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel potatoes and chop into 2-inch pieces.
- Peel garlic cloves, and halve them if they are very large.
- Fill a large pot 3/4 full with water, salt lightly and bring to a boil.
- Add potatoes and garlic to the water and cook, until potatoes are fork-tender, about 20-25 minutes, then drain.
- Place potatoes in a bowl, and add butter.
- Mash potatoes and garlic, and add basil, chives, and enough milk to achieve a creamy but not runny texture.
- Season the potatoes with salt and pepper.