Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Delicious, creamy and simple way to add something new and healthy to your mashed potatoes!
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 lbs potatoes
- 1⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Pierce skin of eggplant in multiple places. Place on a baking sheet covered with foil and bake until the skin becomes wrinkled and the flesh becomes tender, around 45 minutes.
- Cool the eggplant then cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out the flesh and mash in a large bowl with garlic and olive oil.
- Meanwhile, quarter potatoes and peel them if desired. Boil potatoes with salt until tender, around 40 minutes. Drain and mash them in a large bowl.
- Add eggplant mixture, yogurt, salt and pepper to potatoes.