Recipe by HokiesMom
Sounds delicious and a different way to serve potatoes and a veggie in one! Adjusted from a Simple & Delicious recipe created by their test kitchen.
Top Review by Nif
These are so yummy and the recipe served 4 of us. The mixture of all the ingredients was great and my kids loved the bacon and the amount of cheese. Very cheesy! I enjoyed this with recipe #140771 and carrots. It's a great dish to make in the summer because you cook the potatoes in the microwave and don't heat up the house. I will make these again. Made for Went to the Market tag game. Thanks HokiesLady! :)
- 4 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 4 -6 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed & warmed
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or 1 1⁄2 cups colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup pre- cooked bacon, crumbled (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes in water in a microwave safe dish.
- Cover and microwave on HIGH for 12-14 minutes or until tender - then drain.
- Place potatoes in a mixing bowl.
- Mash with milk (use what is necessary to make them to your likeness regarding creaminess), butter, salt and pepper.
- Stir in corn and cheese.
- Sprinkle prepared dish with bacon (if desired).