Recipe by Sandylee
A Thanksgiving Tradition at the home of Rachael Ray
Top Review by luvcook'n
Oh my dear...such rich and creamy potatoes. These were a definate hit at dinner last night. I served them with Loz's Slow Cooked Irish Guinness Stew Recipe #182674. My chives are just coming up...and what a wonderful way to have the first ones of the season. Thanks for sharing this keeper recipe.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs small red potatoes or 2 1⁄2 lbs baby yukon gold potatoes, large ones halved and small ones left whole
- 1⁄2 cup cream or 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 10 stalks chives, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the potatoes in a large pot with cold water.
- Once the water comes to a boil, add a generous amount of salt.
- Boil until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork, about 10-12 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and return them to the hot pot to let them dry out a bit.
- Mash the potatoes with cream or half-and-half, cream cheese, chives, salt and freshly ground black pepper.