Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a great recipe to use at Thanksgiving or Christmas because it can be made ahead and heated through when needed. I usually make a half recipe because we are a family of 5. I got this recipe from Company's Coming.
- 5 lbs potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened (reduced fat is fine)
- 1 cup sour cream (low fat is fine)
- 1⁄4 cup butter (I prefer butter) or 1⁄4 cup margarine (I prefer butter)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- paprika (garnish)
- Cook potatoes as usual in salted water until tender. Drain. Push through potato ricer.
- Add cream cheese in pieces. Add next 5 ingredients. Beat until smooth and fluffy. Scrape into a 2 qt casserole.
- Place dabs of butter here and there over the top of the potatoes. Sprinkle with paprika. Cover and heat in 350 F oven until heated through (about 30-45 minutes, depending whether you've made it ahead and have taken it from the fridge).
Thanks for making J. Ko today's featured chef. This is one of our favorite recipes too--because it tastes so good and can be made well in advance. The only difference between your recipe and mine is we use onion salt ( 2 tsp) instead of the onion powder and salt. Chives are a nice addition if you have them. For those of you wondering how many potatoes 5 lbs. is--about 12. This recipe can be easily cut in half too.
Made & reviewed for my PAC baby! I really enjoyed this mash - the whole family did infact! We ate it with roast chicken drumsticks & baby carrots - delicious! It was not difficult to make & not even much more effort than regular mash. I'm sure we will be having this again VERY soon! Next time I would love to try it with some finely sliced spring / green onions mixed in too. Thanks Jenn for another fab recipe! :)