Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a fun thing to do with mashed potatoes. Beats building a mountain out of them.
- left over mashed potatoes
- minced garlic or garlic powder (optional)
- 6 -10 ounces shredded shard cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, beat
- 2 cups crushed corn flakes
- Preheat large skillet with enough oil to half cover balls.
- Add garlic and cheese to potatoes.
- Roll into balls about 2" around.
- Dip balls into egg.
- Roll into cornflakes.
- Place in hot oil, fry until brown.
- Carefully turn balls.
- Serve hot.
I have not tried this recipe. My best friend was telling me about these last night. She said they are really good and a great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes. She said these taste great with mix in's such as onion soup mix and the cheese as posted. She does her's a bit different though she mixes the egg into her potatoes. Then the rest is the same. Thanks for posting. I do plan to try these the next time we have leftover mashed potatoes. Christine (internetnut)
These are great. I used those crispy french fried onion things instead of cornflakes and it was great. It's a good appetizer or just a nice change from the regular sides. Thanks for the idea. My hubby will make sure I make these again.