It look like mashed pumpkin, but it isn't pumpkin. Vary the proportion of carrots/sweet potatoes and spices to your liking.
- Peel carrots and cut into serving size pieces.
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut into serving sized pieces.
- Boil each vegetable (separately) until tender.
- Drain vegetables and place into one container.
- Mash together with the butter and spices.
Looking at the ingredients, I could not understand why they received such an unfavorable review so I decided to give it a try. Made mine with light butter (standard here). Initially the mash was a little thick so I thinned it with juice from half an orange then decided to shave in about a teaspoon of zest. The results were just wonderful and made the perfect accompaniment to turkey burgers topped with Chipotle Cherry Barbeque Sauce Chipotle Cherry Barbecue Sauce and steamed broccoli. Will make this many times again, each time adjusting the spices to suit the meal. Thanks Sandra.