Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
It look like mashed pumpkin, but it isn't pumpkin. Vary the proportion of carrots/sweet potatoes and spices to your liking.
- 6 medium carrots
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch mace (optional)
- Peel carrots and cut into serving size pieces.
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut into serving sized pieces.
- Boil each vegetable (separately) until tender.
- Drain vegetables and place into one container.
- Mash together with the butter and spices.
Looking at the ingredients, I could not understand why they received such an unfavorable review so I decided to give it a try. Made mine with light butter (standard here). Initially the mash was a little thick so I thinned it with juice from half an orange then decided to shave in about a teaspoon of zest. The results were just wonderful and made the perfect accompaniment to turkey burgers topped with Chipotle Cherry Barbeque Sauce Recipe #156082 and steamed broccoli. Will make this many times again, each time adjusting the spices to suit the meal. Thanks Sandra.