Roasted Sweet Potato & Carrot Puree
photo by Philadelphia Cream
- Ready In:
- 1hr 19mins
- 1 lb sweet potato, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 3)
- 8 carrots, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch slices (about 1 lb.)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 4 ounces Philadelphia Cream Cheese (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.)
- HEAT oven to 375ºF.
- COMBINE first 5 ingredients; spread onto bottom of 15x10x1-inch pan. Pour 1 cup broth over vegetable mixture.
- BAKE 45 to 55 minute or until broth is absorbed and vegetables are tender and caramelized, stirring occasionally.
- SPOON vegetables into food processor. Add remaining broth and cream cheese; process until smooth. Return to pan; cook 10 minute or until heated through, stirring frequently.
- Special Extra: Before processing roasted vegetables in food processor, reserve 1/2 cup of the vegetables to use as a garnish for the finished dish.
- Special Extra: Add 1/2 teaspoons chopped chipotle peppers to cooked vegetables in food processor with remaining broth and cream cheese.
- Substitute: Substitute vegetable broth for the chicken broth.
- Serving Suggestion: Serve this irresistible vegetable side dish along with your favorite grilled lean meat at your next family get-together.
- Nutrition Information Per Serving: 230 calories, 14g total fat, 5g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 25mg cholesterol, 730mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate, 4g dietary fiber, 12g sugars, 4g protein, 410%DV vitamin A, 4%DV vitamin C, 6%DV calcium, 4%DV iron.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!