Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my Mom's recipe. Very easy, very good. I had a successful mail-order business years ago packaging the spices, pasta, cheese and recipe. The veggie measurements are "guesstimates" as I don't usually measure! I also vary the veggies according to what I have on hand - the only thing I've ever used that didn't work was beets.This also freezes well.
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 236.59 ml onion, chopped
- 1 large potato, cubed
- 236.59 ml carrot, sliced
- 453.59 g corn, drained
- 118.29 ml celery, sliced
- 354.88 ml cabbage, chopped
- 793.78 g diced tomatoes with juice
- 1587.57 g water
- 226.79 g tomato sauce
- 19.71 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 4.92 ml basil
- 4.92 ml thyme
- 177.44 ml acini di pepe pasta
- parmesan cheese, grated
- Boil pasta according to package directions, drain.
- Brown ground beef and onion.
- Add potato, carrot, corn, celery, cabbage, tomatoes, water, tomato sauce, salt, pepper, basil and thyme.
- Bring to boil, lower heat and simmer 1 hour or more.
- Add pasta.
- Serve with fresh grated cheese.
- Better the next day, so make ahead if you can.
This soup is so good and filling. This is what I'm having for lunch, so I didn't try it with parmesan cheese. I omitted the potato. I added more cabbage. Thanks davianng :) Made for PRMR tag game
I'm not much for eating cooked spinach, but my other half is, & so I made this & pretty much followed the recipe right on down, especially knowing that it freezes well! The one thing I made sure to do was to chop the spinach quite small & cut the amount back a little! I thought the minestrone was very tasty, & my other half thought it OUTSTANDING, so there you go! I'm not sure that I'd change a thing when I make it again! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Tagged & made for Please Review My Recipe]