Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon fennel powder
- 1 lb beef or 2 lbs chicken legs
- 1 tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup yoghurt
- 3 1⁄2 ounces tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 pinch pepper
- Heat oil in a medium pot. Add onion and brown.
- Add chicken and cook until slightly browned.
- Add remaining ingredients with 1/2 cup water if appears too dry.
- Cover and simmer until chicken is tender.
- Serve with rice, chapati or roti.
- If beef is used, make sure to steam it in a pot with water for 1 hour or in a pressure cooker for 20 minutes.
- Use stock instead of water.