Recipe by Diane Hankins
My mom has made this since I was a little girl and now I make it for my friends and family. There's never any leftovers no matter how much I make.
Top Review by Bone Man
Excellent. I followed the recipe exactly and it turned out just right. I would have called this dish "Slumgullion Casserole" but, whatever. It tasted great. My compliments to the chef!
- 8 ounces pasta
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot with boiling salted water cook pasta until al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook ground beef until no pink remains.
- Add onions, celery,and garlic.
- Cook until they are softened.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in tomato soup, tomato sauce, and water.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a casserole dish, mix together the cooked and drained pasta with the meat mixture and 3/4 cup cheddar cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree F (175 degree C) oven for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the top with remaining grated Cheddar cheese and continue to bake until cheese is melted, about 3 to 5 minutes.