Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe was from a Women's Day or Family Circle magazine that I cut out when my children were small, a good 20 years ago. The recipe was loved by my children and myself. The ingredients are as written, but I always used less ground beef.
- 12 ounces wide egg noodles
- 2 lbs ground beef (or 1 pound)
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup celery, minced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans tomato soup
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook noodles and drain.
- Saute next 6 ingredients, until meat is browned, about 10 minutes.
- Spoon off fat.
- Stir in undiluted soup.
- Place noodles in casserole dish; toss with butter.
- Stir in meat mixture.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake COVERED at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until hot & bubbly.
got mixed reviews on this one.
Recipezaar, you are awesome! I have been searching for this recipe, as I had lost it several years ago. This was the very first "from scratch" recipe that I made 31 years ago as a new bride. I got the recipe from an issue of Good Housekeeping magazine. The ease of preparation for an inexperienced cook on a tight budget and the blend of flavors ensured that this dish quickly became a family favorite. Unfortunately, it became lost for a long period of time 15 years). I can't wait to make this dish again and surprise my husband and (grown) children. This time, however, I will be substituting soy "ground beef" for the ground beef. Thanks for making my day! GaMissy
WOW! This was so easy to make! I had everything on hand, and made it exactly as the recipe stated. This was a big hit with my small children..I wouldn't change a thing, great recipe, Sandylee!