Burger Baked Beans
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
An easy main dish or side dish. The bourbon adds good flavor. From a mid-70's Woman's Day or Family Circle magazine
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pork and beans
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 dashes Tabasco sauce
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef and bacon.
- Add the onion and saute until tender.
- Drain off excess fat.
- Add the beans and the rest of the ingredients.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Pour into a large casserole and cover.
- Bake, covered for 45 minutes, then uncover and bake for 15 more minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
There's lots of baked bean recipes out there and this one is one of our favorites. The alcohol (we used whisky) is a nice change. I increased the worcestershire & mustard abit along with adding a dollop of chili sauce. I made this with meatloaf so I left out the ground beef in this recipe & added 1 more can of beans & abit more bacon. Tasty recipe, thanks for sharing.Reply