Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This is so easy and so good!
- 32 ounces spaghetti sauce (your favorite brand or flavor)
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 lb hamburger, browned & drained
- 12 ounces cottage cheese, drained (most of liquid)
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed & squeezed dry
- 1 egg
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- Combine spaghetti sauce& water (actually, I use the water to rinse out the jar--to get every little bit!).
- Add browned and drained hamburger, basil& oregano to the sauce; set aside.
- Combine drained cottage cheese and egg; set aside.
- In a 13x9 glass baking dish, ladle enough sauce on the bottom to make a very thin layer.
- Place 3 uncooked lasagna noodles evenly on top of sauce.
- Ladle a little more sauce on top of noodles; place some of the spinach on top, then cottage cheese mixture, then sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat two more layers; sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the top.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes; remove foil& bake an additional 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and let lasagna sit for about 10 minutes to "set up".
- Serve with a nice salad and your favorite Italian bread.
I make this every 2 weeks for my family....everyone LOVES it!!!! :)
It was great,no meat added,but a good ital.Spice added
This is easy and wonderful!!! I have never made lasagna (I have no idea why not), but I decided to try this recipe first, and I will look no further. It's one of the best lasagnas I've ever had. My husband and daughter loved it, too! Definite keeper. Thanks!