Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
Southern hospitality at it's best. Miss Mary Jane lovingly prepares these "AWESOME" delights to pleasure family and friends who bang the door down to get to them. I hope you'll enjoy them too!
- 1 cup margarine or 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups Quaker Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Beat together margarine and sugars until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well.
- Stir in oats and raisins; mix well.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet and remove to wire rack.
It doesn't say how much baking soda or cinnamon to add. i guessed and they came out ok.