Prep 15 mins
Cook 11 mins
This is not a drink recipe! It's whitefish poached in vermouth and it's delicious!
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 boneless white fish fillets
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup vermouth or 1 cup white wine
- 2 teaspoons salt, plus more to taste
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped parsley
- lemon wedge
- Heat a large, dry skillet; toast almonds, stirring, until golden-brown, about 2 minutes. Do not overcook. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- Heat water, vermouth and 2 teaspoons salt in skillet to a simmer. Add fillets; simmer until fish just turns opaque and flakes easily, about 5 minutes. Remove fillets; add salt and pepper to taste. Top with butter, almonds and parsley; squeeze lemon juice to taste.
Hey Jude, this is marvelous! Very simple and one of the best fish recipes we have ever had. I made it just as written, using half vermouth and half white wine. The fish was roughy. Superb! Thanks so much for posting. Janet