Recipe by grandma2969
This wonderful recipe from Martha Stewart is so very good...
Top Review by runnybunny
This praline cookie is to DIE for. It is probably THE most delicious cookie I have ever eaten in my life! I could not pass up eating a stack of them and weight gain be damned! This cookie is worth it!
- 2 ounces pecan halves, broken in large pieces (2/3 cup)
- 1 2⁄3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄4 lb butter, room temperature
- 2 3⁄4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup heavy cream, more if necessary
- 1 3⁄4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- Have ready two clean baking sheets.
- Spread pecans on a rimmed baking pan, and toast in the oven until golden -- about 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Reduce temperature to 350*. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In the bowl, of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy., about 2 minutes. Add egg and vanilla, beat on low speed until combined.
- Drop batter by level tablespoons onto baking sheets, about 2" apart.
- Bake until firm and barely golden, 10-12 minutes, rotating halfway through.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool 5 minutes on baking sheets.
- Remove cookies from baking sheet and transfer to wire rack until completely cool.In a small saucepan, combine remaining 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar and cream and bring to a full boil over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, about 1 minute. Remove from heat. Working quickly, add confectioners sugar and whisk until smooth. Add pecan pieces and stir until slightly thickened. If mixture thickens, return to heat and add cream 1 tsp at a time. Spoon tsp on each cookie and set aside until firm.