Iced Oatmeal Applesauce Cookies (Martha Stewart)
- Ready In:
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup chunky applesauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins
- confectioners' sugar
- pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the butter and both sugars until combined.
- Add the egg and applesauce, mixing until well blended (2-3 minutes).
- Mix in oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Fold in raisins.
- Using a 1 1/2-inch ice cream scoop, drop dough onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper, spacing 2 inches apart. Bake cookies until golden, 13 to 15 minutes.
- Let cool on sheets 5 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack set over parchment paper; let cool completely.
- To make icing: Whisk confectioners' sugar, syrup, and 3 tablespoons water until smooth. Drizzle over cookies, let set.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Hmmmmmm...the cookies weren't too bad tasting. I think you have to be exact with measurements. Unfortunately, I wonder if the icing recipe was a last minute thought. It was grainy and odd tasting. It's not difficult to make icing so I don't think it's me. I think the icing recipe lacked substaintially.