Recipe by grandma2969
This is really decadent...It is designed to be broken or cut into pieces to serve.. wonderful with tea butter used to butter pan is additional to amount in recipe
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temp
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely ground blanches almonds
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Butter a 10" springform pan, set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk almonds, flour, sugar, salt and vanilla.
- Cut in butter till completely incorporated with no dry crumbs.
- Squeeze mixture to create pea size - 1" clumbs.
- Transfer all but 1 1/2 cups of mixture to pan.
- Press mixture into pan to compress dough.
- Sprinkle with reserved 1 1/2 cups of crumb mixture.
- Transfer to oven -- bake, rotating pan 2-3 times, until cookies begins to turn golden, about 25 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 300°. Bake until golden brown and fairly dry.about 15-20 minutes more.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Remove from pan. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.