Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Delicious fondant that is easy to prepare and decorate with. You will need a lot of Crisco and you will understand why as soon as you pick it up! The recipe can be doubled, since it is mostly used for smaller cakes.
- 1 (16 ounce) bag mini marshmallows
- 1 (16 ounce) bag powdered sugar
- 5 teaspoons water
- Crisco shortening
- gel food coloring (optional)
- Pour marshmallows into a large, microwaveable bowl.
- Pour 3/4 of the bag of powdered sugar on top of marshmallows.
- Add 5 tsp water to the marshmallows and powdered sugar.
- Microwave for 30 seconds on high and stir.
- Repeat until marshmallows are melted and powdered sugar is dissolved.
- Grease a glass cutting board or granite counter top with Crisco.
- Scoop the marshmallow mixture onto the Crisco-ed surface.
- Grease your hands with Crisco very well.
- Knead marshmallows for 10 minutes.
- If you want it colored, add some gel food coloring and knead until you reach the desired color.
- Drop the fondant onto the cutting board and rinse the Crisco off your hands.
- Spread Crisco on a rolling pin and place it aside.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp of powdered sugar on the fondant and roll it out with the rolling pin. Do it to both sides.
- Keep dusting until desired texture is reached.
- Spread fondant over your cake/cupcakes and enjoy!