Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have made this as the recipe states, and also made it using low fat products...this is super easy, and if you like marshmallow, I think you will like this one...serve with chocolate drizzle, or with fresh berries as suggested in the method.
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 3⁄4 cups animal cookies, crushed
- 12 ounces marshmallows, cut up
- 1⁄3 cup cream or 1⁄3 cup milk
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- Grease a 9 inch spring form pan.
- Crust: Melt butter and combine with crushed cookies.
- Press into prepared pan.
- Set aside.
- Filling: Combine milk or cream and marshmallows in a saucepot over low heat, and melt.
- Stirring all the while.
- Remove and cool.
- Beat cream cheese and lemon juice in a large bowl.
- Blend in the cooled marshmallow/ cream mixture until smooth.
- Fold in the whipped whipping cream.
- Spoon into crust.
- Chill 3 hours or until set.
- Melt chocolate if desired and drizzle over the top of cake in a pretty pattern.
- If desired you may fold in along with the whipping cream, some fresh cut strawberries, or fresh raspberries... or fresh diced peaches, or pineapple...the choice is yours.
- Then spoon into the shell and chill until set.
I love cheese cake, just hate to make it. This was so easy, and it was absolutely delicious. My husband and 2 yr old daughter loved it. It is a little sweet, but not as rich as baked cheese cake. I would definitely recommend trying this recipe, and you could still put fruit over it if you don't like the chocolate.