Sausage, Bacon and Tomato Cottage Pie
This is a great one for winter nights and is so easy to make. You can use low fat products if you like to make it more healthy. My family love this one.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 1 lb back bacon (Chopped)
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 3 lbs potatoes
- 1 lb grated cheddar cheese
- Peel, chop and boil your potatos. (while potatos are boiling).
- Cook Sausages and cut each sausage into four.
- Fry chopped onion, bacon and cooked chopped sausages.
- Crumble oxo cubes into the above along with mixed herbs and stir.
- Quater tomatos and mix in with above,
- Leave to simmer for about 10 minutes stiring occasionaly, (you may want to add a touch of water to add a bit of juice but not to much).
- Transfer the sausage mixture to a caserole or oven dish.
- Drain and mash your potatos using your prefered method.
- Spoon on top of sausage mixture like you would a shepherds pie.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200c until crispy on top.
- Cover with grated cheese and bake again until cheese has melted.
- Serve on its own or with vegetables.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Oh my!!! this was very, very, very, good. My Dh ate most of it himself. I used good butchers sausages, and smoked bacon. I did add a bit of water to make gravy and thickened it with cornstarch, then put my potatoes on top. I didn't use the cheese as grandad does not like cheese, so we had it without, much to my disappointment. But next time, and there will be a next time, we WILL have cheese. Thank you for a fantastic recipe. Made for PAC Spring 2010