These brownies are the all time favorite at our house and everyone else loves them too. The recipe originally came from a '97 TOH but I have made it so many times for so many people that it's known as "my" recipe, wish I had made it up! My only suggestion is don't let them over cook.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt butterscotch chips and butter.
- Remove from heat and cool for 10 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, brown sugar and vanilla.
- Add butterscotch mixture and mix well.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add to batter and mix well.
- Stir in marshmallows, chocolate chips and nuts.
- Spread into a greased 13X9 baking pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until brownies test done.
- I watch for the sides to pull away from pan and it is"set" when the pan is jiggled back and forth.
- The toothpick test works but not as well as the other because of the marshmallows.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.
wow, were these good & sweet. A very different take on brownies, didn't think you could make brownies without unsweetened cocoa powder!
Couldn't believe how good these were. The only problem I had was they stuck the plate I put them on after baking, but once I got them loose everyone loved them.