Recipe by CookbookCarrie
This recipe comes from a confirmed bachelor that went to our church for years...all his life I think. He lived to a ripe old age on these eggs and they were a staple at every church potluck and get together. Every time I eat a deviled egg, I think of Marshall...even if it isn't HIS recipe. He would be very happy to know his recipe is being passed on to make lots of other people happy!
Top Review by Leta
These were flavorful. I did use the oregano (fresh), and used mayonaise (I don't do Miracle Whip). I would suggest omitting the water and increasing the Mayo to 1/4 cup. I mixed the seasonings into the egg yolks, but mixed the vinegar, water and mayo seperately and then added to the yolk/seasonings.
- 10 hardboiled egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- oregano (optional)
- onion salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon salad dressing (i.e. Miracle whip)
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- parsley flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Halve cooled boiled eggs.
- Remove yolks from whites and put yolks in separate container.
- Add the spices and the sunflower seeds, salad dressing, water and vinegar to the yolks.
- When well blended spoon into the egg whites, and sprinkle with the parsley and enjoy.
- Cool your dish in the fridge before putting finished eggs on it.