Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Prep time includes chill time.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 12 frango chocolate-covered mint candies, melted (about 1/3 lb. box)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Crust: Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter. Pat evenly into bottom of a 9 inch springform pan.
- Bake at 350ºF for 5 minutes.
- Filling: Mix cream cheese and suger until well blended.
- Mix in the eggs one at a time.
- Mix in the cream.
- Mix in the melted frango mints. Mix until very smooth.
- Pour into baked crust. Bake at 350ºF for 25 minutes or until it's just firm and not jiggly.
- For the Topping: Mix sour cream, sugar, and vanilla. Spread over the baked cheesecake.
- Bake an additional 3-5 minutes.
- Refrigerate overnight before serving.
This is not the classic recipe as you would find it in the Marshall Fields Cookbook. The full recipe can be found at other sites on the internet.
I made this for a friend since I had left over Frango mints from Mother's Day. It was very good, but the top cracked. However, the icing covered it nicely. The mint flavor was very subtle, but was overall yummy.