Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A deliciously flavored sauce to serve over chicken, pork, or pasta.
Make and share this Marsala Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 -4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup marsala wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups beef stock
- salt & pepper
- Add olive oil to hot saucepan.
- Add onions, garlic and cook 2 or 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and sauté until tender.
- Add flour and cook 1 minute, then deglaze pan with wine.
- Add beef stock, blend, and cook until sauce thickens.
- Serve over chicken or pork.
This is a wonderful sauce and as usual, you must use a good quality Marsala. I used half unsalted butter and half olive oil for the oil part of the recipe. I used portabella mushrooms and sautéed them first in unsalted butter and added them after I sautéed the onion and prosciutto that I added. I added a little more Marsala and thickened the sauce up a bit due to extra Marsala by using a little cornstarch mixed with a little Marsala. I served this with Buitoni's chicken Marsala raviolis and zucchini in garlic butter. Wonderful dinner!
My cousins are vegetarian, so I used vegetable stock and coconut oil in place of the beef stock and olive oil, and it turned out great! Thanks for the recipe.
EXCELLENT!!! was looking for a good sauce to use with stuffed chicken (recipe 116475-was a keeper) and this one fit the bill just perfectly! if you don't have marsala wine you can use sherry!