Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
I saw Sandra Lee make this the other day on Food Network. It is so simple, yet the flavors really meld well together. I served this with chicken, but I think it would go with most main dish entrees. As usual, I added more garlic (1/12 Tablespoons) This recipe is easily doubled. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 1 (14 ounce) can low sodium chicken broth or 1 (14 ounce) can broth
- 3⁄4 cup marsala wine
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 medium roma tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 6 to 7 minutes.
- To serve, use a slotted spoon to remove hearts from braising liquid.
This was a good side dish. For some reason the taste of the marsala was not really noticeable too much to me and I used a very quality brand. Nonetheless, this solved my artichoke craving and went well with sautee'd shrimp. Thanks for posting.