1/1 Photo of Marmie's Meat and Asiago Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms
My local grocery store makes these in the meat department and charge way too much for them!! I have not tasted theirs but I knew I could make similar, more cost efficiently. I searched online for a meat stuffed portabella and could not find one. Thus, time to get somewhat creative.... We really like how the asiago cheese and italian seasonings compliment this unique little meatloaf. Here is hoping you like it as well. Note the photo does not do the dish justice....
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb ground lean pork
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup asiago cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup crouton, Multi Grain Caesar flavor, finely ground
- 1/4 cup oats, large flake, finely ground
- 3 tablespoons italian seasoning (I used even more, but I like it seasoned more heavily)
- 8 garlic cloves, coarsley crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper, fresh ground
- 4 portabella mushrooms, washed, with stem and gills removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1In large bowl, mix first 10 ingredients well. (I use my hands.).
- 2Drizzle a bit of olive oil in each mushroom.
- 3Divide meat mixture evenly into 4 portions.
- 4Pat meat mixture into a little meatloaf to fill the centre of the portabella mushroom.
- 5Spray pan with non stick spray and place stuffed mushrooms on pan.
- 6Bake 350 degrees for 30 - 40 minute untill cooked through and browned.
- 7(1/2 of one of these delicious mushrooms was lots for me for dinner with potatoes and salad.).
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marmie's Meat and Asiago Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (351 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 638.9
- Calories from Fat 371
- Total Fat 41.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 208.2 mg
- Sodium 855.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 48.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: