Recipe by Marlena
I make this for my family at Thanksgiving. Many of them are very health-conscious, so I have had to come up with recipes that don't require butter, cream etc. This is low fat, colorful, and has good flavor.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 1⁄2 lbs green beans
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped or sliced and separated into rings
- 2 bell peppers, s,iced crosswise into rings (red or yellow, I like to use one of each)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Wash the green beans, snap off ends and string if necessary.
- Toss them with a Tablespoon of the olive oil to coat them lightly.
- Layer in a large casserole dish with the other vegetables, sprinkling each layer lightly with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining oil.
- Cover loosely with foil and bake for about 1-1/2 hours.