Member #610488's Note:
This is from a menu for the Super Bowl.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 3 garlic cloves, mashed
- 1 chipotle pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup salsa (your favorite)
- 8 flour tortillas, quesadilla size
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1Warm oil in a cast iron skillet over high heat. Add chicken and cook, breaking up meat, until no longer pink.
- 2Add green chiles, garlic, chipotle, chili powder, cumin, and salt and cook, stirring (1 minute). Add salsa and cook until mixture thickens (5 minutes). Transfer to a large bowl.
- 3To assemble quesadillas, top each tortilla with 1/8 of the chicken mixture and 1/8 of the cheese. Fold tortilla in half. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make 8 quesadillas.
- 4Toast in cast iron skillet over medium-high heat, about 4 minutes per side. Cut each quesadilla into 4 pieces (most easily done with scissors or pizza cutters) and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mario Batali's Spicy Chicken and Cheddar Quesadillas
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 442.1
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 104.5 mg
- Sodium 1296.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 26.7 g