Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is from a menu for the Super Bowl.
Make and share this Mario Batali's Spicy Chicken and Cheddar Quesadillas recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 3 garlic cloves, mashed
- 1 chipotle pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup salsa (your favorite)
- 8 flour tortillas, quesadilla size
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- Warm oil in a cast iron skillet over high heat. Add chicken and cook, breaking up meat, until no longer pink.
- Add green chiles, garlic, chipotle, chili powder, cumin, and salt and cook, stirring (1 minute). Add salsa and cook until mixture thickens (5 minutes). Transfer to a large bowl.
- To assemble quesadillas, top each tortilla with 1/8 of the chicken mixture and 1/8 of the cheese. Fold tortilla in half. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make 8 quesadillas.
- Toast in cast iron skillet over medium-high heat, about 4 minutes per side. Cut each quesadilla into 4 pieces (most easily done with scissors or pizza cutters) and serve.