Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Another use for all that summer zucchini! Best if chilled overnight. From Cooking Light Magazine, 1997.
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups zucchini, diced
- Mix all ingredients except zucchini in a large glass bowl. Microwave at high for 2 minutes. Stir in zucchini. Cover and chill, at least 2 hours.
- Serve with a slotted spoon to drain.
Yummy and so easy to prepare. I followed MathMom.calif's suggestion and added a red pepper cut into thin strips and a cup of button mushrooms. For our taste preferences, I omitted the spicy ingredients and used freshly ground black pepper. Loved the cumin in this. A great blend of flavours, and certainly a salad I'll be making again and again. A great way for me to eat vegetables in a take-to-work lunch! :) Thank you for sharing this super recipe, Kizzikate! Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders.
Yummy! I halved the recipe, chilled a few hours and had for lunch. I will let the rest sit overnight and eat tomorrow. Thanks for a tasty dish! Made for 123 Hit Wonders.
I made this 24 hours in advance and wow what a difference chilling time makes, with a few amount adjustments, this is a wonderful recipe and I look forward to making it again with garden-grown zucchini, this might even be great using cucumbers, thanks for sharing Kizzi!...Kitten:)