Recipe by Carol Bullock
A healthy dish bursting with flavor.
Top Review by SuzyQ76
This recipe was so fantastic! We have used this maranade with several different variations of veggies (like green peppers, onions, corn on the cob, pineapple), and it always turns out great. A real kid pleaser, too! Thank you!
- 2 bell peppers, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 small eggplants, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 10 button mushrooms (or mushrooms of your choice)
- 2 medium yellow onions, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- cracked pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the vegetable pieces into a large bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients in another bowl and whisk until blended.
- Pour marinade over veggies and toss to coat.
- Cover bowl and marinate in refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
- Drain vegetables, reserving marinade.
- Thread the vegetables onto metal skewers.
- Put the skewers on a broiler pan and cook under the broiler for 10-15 minutes , turning occasionally.
- Baste with the marinade several times during the cooking process.
- These are also excellent grilled on the barbecue.
- Excellent with couscous or wild rice.