Prep 3 hrs
Cook 0 mins
I love to make this dish with fresh tomatoes from my garden (if I'm lucky) or the farmer's market. The marinade really enhances the sweetness and juiciness of the tomatoes. This is very quick and simple to prepare. Prep time includes time for marinating.
- 4 tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- Slice the tomatoes thickly and arrange in a large, non-reactive container or dish.
- Mix together the rest of the ingredients except the parsley.
- Pour marinade over tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Let sit for several hours in a cool place, but do NOT refrigerate.
Having an abundance of garden fresh tomatoes we are enjoying new recipes to add variety to our meals. This really is simple to make and does so enhance the taste of those lush and ripe tomatoes. Loved these marinated tomatoes. Thank you.
This was an excellent recipe to go with some grilled chicken breasts for our lunch. Extremely easy to put together and delicious. Thanks Sue!