Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a different twist on burgers, they are shaped and then marinaded, use you own favorite seasonings to flavor the burgers. The shredded potato creates a very juicy burger, don't worry you will not even taste it after cooking! ;-) Plan ahead these need to marinade for 6-8 hours before grilling.
Top Review by CoffeeB
You are right Kitt. DH and DS didnt even know about the potato. I didn't tell either as they may have turned their noses. I followed your recipe as written except I was using 1 1/2 lbs. of hamburg and so adjusted accordingly. I did omit the green onion in the burger and opted to have chopped up sweet white onion on the side for topping. DH did these on the grill and the smell was fantastic. Not eating meat myself...that says something:-)
- 2 lbs ground beef (or use half beef and half ground pork)
- 1 small raw potato (peeled and finaly grated)
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger (or use 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder)
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄2 cup jalapeno jelly
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl whisk together the soy sauce, corn syrup, lemon juice, fresh ginger or ginger powder, minced fresh garlic, green onions and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper; transfer marinade into a shallow dish (large enough to hold about 7-8 patties).
- Mix the ground beef with seasoned salt, 1/2 to 1 teaspoon black pepper shredded raw potato, then add in other favorite ingredients.
- Shape into 7-8 patties.
- Place patties in a single layer in the dish; turn to coat both sides with marinade.
- Cover and chill for 6-8 hours turning occasionally.
- Set grill to medium-high heat (350-400 degrees).
- In a small bowl whisk together the jalapeno jelly and chili sauce and chill.
- Grill the patties about 6 minutes on each side.
- Serve patties on buns with prepared chili sauce/jelly mixture and toppings.