- 1 red onion, remove papery covering, slice into thin rings
- 1 navel orange, peel, seed and slice into thin rings
- 2 tart apples, cored, peeled, slice into thin rings
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon Italian salad dressing mix (I use Good Seasons brand )
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl with a tight fitting lid, combine the onion, orange and apple rings, separating rings to mix.
- Combine sugar and seasonings mix. Sprinkle over the rings, stirring to mix.
- Marinate in refrigerator 8 hours, occasionally turning bowl over to mix.
- Sprinkle with basil, serve.