Recipe by Lavender Lynn
I got this recipe from a former roommate of mine, this is her mother's recipe.
Top Review by Debbwl
Charismatic marinated! The veggies are cooked to perfection as well as being a delightful combination. Maid as written but next time will plan on having lettuce on hand just to bring out the color and give a little pop in the eye department. This would be a great pot luck dish and plan on using it for an upcoming family get-together. Thanks for the post.
- 1 lb mushroom
- 2 (8 ounce) jars marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup salad oil
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peppercorn
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute mushrooms in a little butter about 5 minutes.
- Break cauliflower into small flowerettes and steam for about 5 minutes.
- Cut artichoke hearts into quarters.
- Combine all ingredients in big bowl, including liquid from artichoke hearts.
- Marinate at least overnight.
- Keeps indefinitely in refrigerator.
- Slightly cooked pieces of carrots can be added for more color.
- If the liquid doesn't cover the veges, I add water, oil and vinegar in proportionate amts until vegs are covered.