Recipe by COOKGIRl
Printed on the back of a package of Pictsweet frozen lima beans-with minor changes. I don't know why each time I prepare this salad, I am compelled to speak with a Southern drawl...
- 1 (14 ounce) package frozen lima beans
- 1⁄4 cup green bell peppers or 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 3 tablespoons red onions or 3 tablespoons yellow sweet onions, diced
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar or 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar or 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh horseradish, grated or 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- salt and black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the frozen lima beans in a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Boil 3 minutes then reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- In a medium-sized non-reactive bowl combine the lima beans with the red peppers and onions.
- In a separate small measuring cup, whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- Pour dressing over lima beans and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours to allow the salad to marinate.