Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I came up with this yesterday, and it's so amazing! It's like a Greek village salad, with a yummy vinaigrette dressing. So fresh and cool in the summer!
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes or 1 pint grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced (optional)
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 cup feta cheese, cubed (crumbed works too)
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- spring greens (optional)
- Combine vegetables and cheese in large bowl.
- Combine lemon juice, red wine vinegar, olive oil, basil, oregano, salt & pepper; whisk. Add dressing to salad, and refrigerate until serving.
- Serve on spring mix or other lettuce.
Very delicious Katzen! The dressing is just right, in the summer I'd be tempted to double that part and keep some on hand for any summer salad. I didn't have all the different coloured peppers this time. The only real change I made was that I lessened the oil to 1/3 cup, and served the feta on the side. My kids love this! Thanks K...:) Veg*n swap Apr10
WOW - we LOVED this salad and I cannot believe this is the first review since posting in 2007!!!! What a shame! I cut the oil back by 1/2 and doubled the red wine vinegar (like less oily dressings). I used regular tomatoes cut into a semi fine dice. Generous serving size - it could stretch to 6 people if you are not greedy salad eaters like us ;) All the flavours were great together; a salad worth serving for company for sure. We will be making this one many times again. Served with Crispy Buttermilk Chicken and Curry Rice for a wonderful meal. Made for PRMR.
Great, will def. make again! Thanks!