Recipe by threeovens
This is perfect for home-made gift giving. Nice added to tossed salads or on a toasted open-face sandwich.
- 1 teaspoon mixed peppercorns, lightly crushed
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 bay leaves, broken into pieces
- 3 ounces goat cheese (buy it in a log)
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Use a clean, sterilized one cup wide mouth jar and place the peppercorns, garlic, and bay leaves in the bottom; cover with a film of olive oil.
- Cut the goat cheese itno 1/2-inch rounds (you can get neat slices using unflavored dental floss).
- Place one round into the jar and drizzle with olive oil; repeat until jar is full.
- Add thyme and rosemary to jar and enough olive oil to completely cover the cheese.
- Screw cover on jar and let sit at room temperature for several hours, then keep refrigerated.