Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs 30 mins
Make a lovely presentation of this by inserting skewers in a whole pineapple to serve.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 (16 ounce) container strawberries
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cantaloupe, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 honeydew melon, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar and water.
- Simmer for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and add basil; cover and steep for 10 minutes.
- Remove and discard basil; add honey, stirring until well combined.
- Cool syrup mixture completely.
- Wash strawberries and pat dry.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine fruit.
- Pour syrup mixture over fruit; seal and marinate in refrigerator for 4 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Thread fruit onto 6-inch wooden skewers.
Wonderful item to bring to a potluck or gathering. Simple to make and oh, so yummy!