Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A nice, mild tasting salad that is fiber filled, and low carb. It can be a side dish, or with chicken a cool, satisfing lunch. Adapted from an old WW cookbook.Prep time does not include marinating overnight.
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans (chickpea)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 packet Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas (you may use other beans-black, black-eyed peas, cannellini, etc.) Put the chickpeas, onions and tomato halves in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix the remaining ingredients and blend well.
- Pour the dressing over the bean mixture and toss gently.
- Cover and marinate overnight.
- The chickpeas will absorb the flavor nicely.
- Serve as a side dish, or cut up some leftover chicken breasts and place the bean salad on a bed of salad greens and place the chicken on top.
I love chickpeas and this recipe is similar to one of my favorite appetizers served in an Italian restaurant that is now closed. I will be making this again, it's so healthy and filling. Made for Alphabet Soup Game. Thanks for posting Carole!