Recipe by HeatherFeather
I tried a version of this chicken after watching a Robin Miller episode. She made this with olives in the mix and did not let it marinate. We didn't care for the olives with this, and I prefer to let it marinate. The leftover chicken is great in Leftover Chicken or Beef Fajitas With Fresh Guacamole.
Top Review by levy4nj
We made this tonight as a recipe for two. We, especially me, loved it. It smelled wonderful while cooking so we were really primed! I did not marinate it - at all. I just poured the sauce over it and cooked it. The chicken had great flavor and didn't dry out. Will use this again!
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 medium onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 3 -4 teaspoons garlic cloves, minced
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large ziptop baggie, combine chicken, onion, garlic, lime juice, molasses, Worcestershire sauce, cumin, oregano, salt, and black pepper; seal bag and let marinate in the fridge for several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Coat a large roasting pan with cooking spray.
- Transfer chicken to prepared pan and pour over any remaining marinade on top.
- Roast 30 to 35 minutes, until chicken is cooked through (mine was ready at 30, so check early).