Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I tried a version of this chicken after watching a Robin Miller episode. She made this with olives in the mix and did not let it marinate. We didn't care for the olives with this, and I prefer to let it marinate. The leftover chicken is great in Leftover Chicken or Beef Fajitas With Fresh Guacamole.
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 medium onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 3 -4 teaspoons garlic cloves, minced
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large ziptop baggie, combine chicken, onion, garlic, lime juice, molasses, Worcestershire sauce, cumin, oregano, salt, and black pepper; seal bag and let marinate in the fridge for several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Coat a large roasting pan with cooking spray.
- Transfer chicken to prepared pan and pour over any remaining marinade on top.
- Roast 30 to 35 minutes, until chicken is cooked through (mine was ready at 30, so check early).
We made this tonight as a recipe for two. We, especially me, loved it. It smelled wonderful while cooking so we were really primed! I did not marinate it - at all. I just poured the sauce over it and cooked it. The chicken had great flavor and didn't dry out. Will use this again!
Nice flavor. Didn't get to make it on the grill like I wanted because it was raining outside. It was good in the oven but I think it would be much better on the grill. Will make this again. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup.
This chicken was absolutely wonderful. It is really hard for me to find a chicken recipe that I will eat a whole breast of before I start feeling queasy but I ate a whole breast myself. The only change I made was to skip the salt for personal preference as we do not add it to our foods. I served with rice and corn and used the leftovers the next day for your fajita recipe. Thanks for posting a recipe I will definitely be making again!